2.19.2009

Be Childlike...

Random.
When I picture myself in heaven, which I often do, I image I am 7 years old. Don't ask why, I'm not sure. I don't know if it is because my birthday is on the 7th day, or that my 7th birthday was a fun one. Mostly, I think it has to do with that the age of 7 is a great year to be a child. You still want to cuddle with your mom and dad, but your old enough to run and dance freely without caring what people think of you.
My favorite activity was making mud pies and building forts with cousins or friends. Dancing around in the yard and flipping cartwheels in the grass. My children do the same; act like lions in tall grass, pretend to be hunters in the jungle, and build "cities of sand" where only Matchbox people can go. I also think at this age we leave being a baby behind and work our way further in to "child-hood". I believe it was this age that I really started to hear Him, and prayers were not just a nightly "something-you-just do-cause-you-have-to" kind of thing. I remember my playtime was my prayer time, and He was my playmate.

I notice my children talking to themselves, and most times it's a pretend game sometimes it's not. I'll mistake pretend time for prayer time and respond to whatever they may be chatting about. Most times a "I'm not talking to you right now, momma." will come back at me. "Excuse me?" "I'm just talking to God, momma." I blush, my bad. After my first mistake, I've learned not to answer until I'm called. Isaac is soft, quiet, deep, staring off into space, and speaking sometimes only with his eyes. Lilli on the other hand is loud and bright, singing her love out loud, dancing sweetly pretending all of the birds sing with her.

As of lately, (I always crack up when I say that because lately life stinks) praying, crying, reading, searching, and writing has really left me tired. When I should just have faith like a child, rest in His arms, and play in His creation. Sing brightly of my love, gaze at His wonder for me and me for Him, dance for Him sweetly even when only my heart can move. Speak only with my eyes and heart, because my mind and mouth can bite off too much. Freely love and be loved.

It's warm, let's play.

2 comments:

  1. Sam: You are such a precious soul. Love the photos. Pictures do speak a thousand words. They speak of days long gone by for us, yet can be shared through the eyes of a child - full of wonder and full of hope and full of possibility. They remind us of that child in each of us that longs to be loved, hugged, to play and just be. Being is important and comes from state of the heart and mind. Today, let's be. Love you.

    ReplyDelete