4.09.2009

Thankful Thursday


Just one....Russell helped me to become a dog lover.

I was once afraid of dogs, did not like their smell, and never dreamed of enjoying sloppy kisses. Russell got O'hura as a puppy 6 weeks into our relationship, that will be 10 years in October. She is a great, loving, sneaky character. She loves my children. We both love to dance in the yard together. I love her sweet smile greeting us when we get home. The way her tails wags over her back and right side, because it's not just a regular tail...it's curly and precious. She always paws the ground and circles 3 times before laying down for the night.

Cajun, our puppy, was Russell's dream dog. Growing up with labs all his life, he always said he wanted another as an adult. Cajun is precious, my baby boy. I fell in love at first sight. Seeing how O'hura was Russell's first little girl, Cajun was my boy. Our family feels complete with him...it was 3boys and 3girls. I like even numbers. He is fun, happy, loving, and smart. I love his deep brown eyes and love to please. He is super fast, loves to play, and is a so funny in water!

We miss our pups and can't wait to move in with them by our sides. My children miss their playmates; I know they will cherish their relationships with their dogs so much when older. Here's to O'hura and Cajun, no one can pronounce her name and he will forever be a coon-ass. This is what you get when you watch Marley and Me.

1 comment:

  1. You made ME tear up!! You are so precious girl...love your Thankful Thursdays. I will fo sho' be joining in next week..love you girrrrl.
    M'KAY..erin

    ReplyDelete